Terms and Conditions
The information below tells you how you may use the Website under the domain name www.sdn.co.uk ("Website"). Please read these terms and conditions (the "Terms") carefully before using the Website. By accessing any part of the Website you agree to be legally bound by the version of these Terms in force from time to time. If you do not agree with any of the Terms then you should not use the Website.
1. ABOUT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who uses and who provides the Website?
References to "you" or "your" mean you as a user of the Website. References to "we", "us", "our" or "SDN" refer to the provider of the Website, which is SDN Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registered office at The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT. Company No. 03309912
Will any other Terms and Conditions apply to use of the Website?
Will these Terms change?
Please note that we may amend these Terms from time to time and the current version will be posted on the Website. It is your responsibility to ensure you review these Terms regularly to familiarise yourself with any changes. Your use of the Website following any such changes will constitute your acceptance of the revised Terms.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Who owns the intellectual property in the Website?
All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (whether registered or unregistered) in the Website and all material or content made available by SDN via the Website, are and will remain at all times the property of SDN (or SDN's licensors or third parties, as applicable).
Who can use the intellectual property in the Website?
The names, images and logos identifying us, our partners or third parties and our/their services contained in the Website are proprietary marks and may not be reproduced or otherwise used without our express permission.
Nothing contained in these Terms grants you a licence or a right to use any copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents or other intellectual property right owned or controlled by SDN, its licensors or any third party, except to the limited extent necessary to use the Website.
Can the content of the Services be copied?
You may not copy all or any part of any materials or content made available by SDN on the Website except to the extent permitted in these Terms, or expressly by us, or at law.
3. YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS WHEN USING THE WEBSITE
What must you comply with to use the Website?
What are your obligations?
By accessing any part of the Website, you agree that you will only use the Website:
- For lawful purposes; and
- In a manner which does not infringe the rights (e.g. copyright) of, or restrict or inhibit the use of this Website by, any third party.
You agree to compensate us in respect of any damages or losses suffered by us as a result of any claim made by a third party relating to i) your use of the Website in breach of these Terms (or any other applicable terms), or ii) your violation of any applicable law or regulation when using the Website.
4. RESTRICTIONS ON USING THE WEBSITE
What are the restrictions on using the Website?
By accessing the Website you agree that you will not:
- commercialise or attempt to commercialise all or any part of the Website unless expressly authorised;
- permit or assist in any way any third party to use the material or content on the Website in an unlawful manner or in a manner which could infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any third party;
- utilise 'plugins' or any application(s), software or associated tool(s) which change the content of the Website;
- do anything that may cause damage to the Website or our host servers, systems or equipment;
- do anything that subjects the Website or SDN to any derogatory treatment or brings (or might bring) the Website or SDN into disrepute;
- misuse or do anything that disrupts all or any part of the Website, including but not limited to knowingly introducing software viruses, trojans, worms or other material that may be technologically harmful; or
- penetrate, remove or otherwise alter or interfere with any security measures that we use to protect the material and content made available via our Website or attempt to do so or assist any other person in doing or attempting to do so.
5. SDN'S RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS AND LIMITS ON LIABILITY
What are our obligations and limits on liability?
The material on the Website is provided on an "as is" basis. We cannot promise that our Website will be free from errors or omissions, nor that it will be available in full operating condition, or free from viruses or other harmful components. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs, we accept no liability for them.
The Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice for any reason including without limitation, in the case of a system failure, maintenance or repair due to events reasonably beyond our control. We will not be liable to you or any other person in the event that all or any part of the Website is unavailable, discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
In addition to other specific exclusions of liability set out in these Terms, we do not accept any liability for:
- any damage to your device or any software;
- any loss of data that results from your use of the Website;
- any loss of income, revenue, business, profits or contracts that results from your use of the Website;
- any failure, suspension and/or termination of access to the Website and/or any content in connection with or arising out of an event which is outside our reasonable control (including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, nuclear accident or acts of God, war or terrorist activity, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or government order, rule regulation or direction, accident to breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm and where they are beyond our reasonable control, any other acts, events, omissions or accidents);
- any claims brought against you by a third party except as stated in these Terms; and/or
- any damage or loss caused to you where such damage or loss (i) is not reasonably foreseeable to you and us when you use the Website or (ii) is reasonably foreseeable to you and us but is only indirectly related to your use of the Website; in both cases, including where the damage or loss results from our breach of these Terms.
Any content or other materials included in the Website do not, and are not intended to, amount to advice on which you should rely. Consequently, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any actions or omissions that you may take in reliance on such content or materials.
Nothing in these Terms will limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to fundamental matter, or other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Whilst SDN endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the information on the Website, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness in all respects. SDN may make changes to the information contained throughout the Website at any time without notice. The material on the Website may be out of date, and SDN makes no commitment to update such material.
Accordingly, whilst the information SDN provides is in good faith it should only be used for guidance. Nothing advertised on our Website constitutes a formal offer. Individual enquiries should be made regarding any capacity advertised through the Website and appropriate independent professional advice should be taken as necessary.
7. OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE ABOUT OUR SERVICES
Links to and from other Websites
Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for them or their content or availability. We do not therefore endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
You may link your website to the home page of our Website, provided that you own that website and that you do so in a way that is fair, legal and does not take advantage of or damage our reputation and any such link is for non-commercial purposes. Any such link must not suggest, or in any way give the impression that you have any commercial relationship with us, or that we have approved or endorsed such link, unless expressly authorised. You may not create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw permission to link to the home page of our Website at any time without notice at our sole and absolute discretion.
Can you frame our Website?
You may not frame our Website on another website without our express permission.
8. OTHER GENERAL TERMS THAT APPLY
Where are the Terms available?
These Terms are available on the Website. We will not file or store a copy of these Terms for each interaction or transaction by you via the Website. We therefore recommend that you print and store or save a copy of these Terms for future reference.
Can you transfer your rights under these Terms?
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations set out in these Terms to any other person.
Can a third party enforce these Terms?
These Terms do not create any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not a party to these Terms.
What happens if we do not enforce a right under these Terms against you?
If we decide not to exercise or enforce a right that we have against you (e.g. as a result of you breaching these Terms), this does not prevent us from doing so at a later date.
What happens if part of these Terms is not enforceable?
If any provision of these Terms is found by any court, or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the other provisions of these Terms and they will remain in full force and effect.
What happens if there is a dispute about these Terms?
These Terms are available in English only and are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England (or the laws of Scotland if you are domiciled there). Disputes arising in connection with these Terms are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless you choose the jurisdiction of your domicile in Scotland or Northern Ireland.